- Special Investigation: Who's behind the 'information attacks' on climate scientists?
... discovered that ATI has connections to the Koch brothers, Art Pope and other conservative donors seeking to expand their political influence. ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 11/29/2011 - 17:14 - 0 comments
- After tumultuous reign, Art Pope steps down as NC budget chief
... that his budget director, GOP mega-donor and businessman Art Pope, will resign his position effective Sept. 5. The announcement ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 08/07/2014 - 17:00 - 0 comments
- N.C. Democrats launch boycott of businesses owned by conservative financier Art Pope
... of the business owned by leading conservative benefactor Art Pope to protest what it calls his "corporate takeover" of ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 10/28/2010 - 11:04 - 3 comments
- Art Pope-funded group launches database targeting Moral Monday arrestees
The John W. Pope Civitas Institute, a conservative think tank based in Raleigh, N.C., has ... by conservative mega-donor and discount-retail mogul Art Pope, now the North Carolina budget director under Republican Gov. Pat McCrory, ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 06/19/2013 - 18:55 - 40 comments
- Political controversy roils NC school system at center of resegregation fight
... of the conservative takeover was former state Rep. Art Pope -- a businessman, leading conservative donor, and backer of groups that ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 09/27/2012 - 13:03 - 2 comments
- NC lawmakers embrace Koch-backed pledge against climate action
... signatories Brown, Burr, Stevens and Stone. The Pope connection Why would so many North Carolina lawmakers have signed ... likely factor is the influence of conservative mega-donor Art Pope, CEO of the Variety Wholesalers discount retail chain and a longtime ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 07/11/2013 - 13:36 - 0 comments
- Petro powerhouse Koch Industries boosts investments in North Carolina politics
... and is primarily funded by conservative benefactor Art Pope , a discount retail mogul who was a major funder for the 2010 North ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 11/01/2012 - 12:02 - 0 comments
- How not to respond to peaceful protesters: Lessons from North Carolina politicians
... party in power in the NC legislature in 2013, beholden to Art Pope, and completely dismissive of anyone who is not white, male and over the ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 06/12/2013 - 12:55 - 5 comments
- INSTITUTE INDEX: The money behind Americans for Prosperity
... Amount that AFP received in 2010 from the John William Pope Foundation, headed by North Carolina discount-retail magnate and conservative benefactor Art Pope , who is one of AFP's four directors : $1.6 million ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 03/08/2012 - 12:27 - 0 comments
- NC anti-wind power crusader behind plot to subvert renewable energy industry
... by leading North Carolina conservative benefactor Art Pope to discredit wind power in the state has been discovered at the center ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 05/11/2012 - 11:34 - 1 comment