- Blessed to have a Pope
James "Art" Pope is probably the most important conservative benefactor in North Carolina ... Raleigh-based John Locke Foundation -- a think tank Art Pope helped found, and which received over $17 million from Pope's ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 10/14/2010 - 14:30 - 1 comment
- Special Investigation: Who's behind the 'information attacks' on climate scientists?
... discovered that ATI has connections to the Koch brothers, Art Pope and other conservative donors seeking to expand their political influence. ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 11/29/2011 - 17:14 - 0 comments
- Art Pope's network misleads, back-pedals in wake of Moyers documentary
... one erected by GOP mega-donor and state budget director Art Pope . Using a variety of channels, the multimillionaire retail tycoon has ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 01/10/2014 - 15:52 - 2 comments
- Art Pope, NC featured in national debate on campaign finance reform
... North Carolina and the role of multimillionaire donor Art Pope, whose generous political spending has fueled a sharp political shift in ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 06/06/2014 - 14:15 - 1 comment
- NC lawmakers embrace Koch-backed pledge against climate action
... signatories Brown, Burr, Stevens and Stone. The Pope connection Why would so many North Carolina lawmakers have signed ... likely factor is the influence of conservative mega-donor Art Pope, CEO of the Variety Wholesalers discount retail chain and a longtime ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 07/11/2013 - 13:36 - 0 comments
- INSTITUTE INDEX: The money behind Americans for Prosperity
... Amount that AFP received in 2010 from the John William Pope Foundation, headed by North Carolina discount-retail magnate and conservative benefactor Art Pope , who is one of AFP's four directors : $1.6 million ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 03/08/2012 - 12:27 - 0 comments
- NC anti-wind power crusader behind plot to subvert renewable energy industry
... by leading North Carolina conservative benefactor Art Pope to discredit wind power in the state has been discovered at the center ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 05/11/2012 - 11:34 - 1 comment
- Petro powerhouse Koch Industries boosts investments in North Carolina politics
... and is primarily funded by conservative benefactor Art Pope , a discount retail mogul who was a major funder for the 2010 North ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 11/01/2012 - 12:02 - 0 comments
- The fight against school re-segregation heats up in North Carolina
... by Republican politicians including former state Rep. Art Pope -- a businessman and director of the right-wing group Americans for ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 07/20/2010 - 16:34 - 12 comments
- Cabinet of Controversy: N.C. Gov. Pat McCrory’s 5 most dubious appointments
... Here are five of the most controversial: 1. Art Pope: The Koch brother from another mother in charge of the state budget. ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 01/11/2013 - 11:48 - 17 comments