- North Carolina for Sale? New Yorker profile thrusts Art Pope into national spotlight
Art Pope is getting his national close-up: The New Yorker magazine has published ... concern with some of the activity and affiliations of Art Pope. That gave some folks a cause for concern. ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 10/03/2011 - 17:06 - 1 comment
- Conservative group demanding climate scientists' emails is less than transparent about its own tax status
... and tea party boosters FreedomWorks, Club for Growth and Art Pope 's John Locke Foundation. As I have reported , ATP's ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 10/25/2012 - 11:07 - 0 comments
- POPE THE VOTE? Conservative NC benefactor steps up funding to nonprofits for ads during election season
... Fewer still could tell you about James "Art" Pope . But that could change after this year: While lacking big-time name ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 10/08/2010 - 10:00 - 2 comments
- INSTITUTE INDEX: Re-segregating the South's schools
... its members' training: 3/2/2010 Rank of Art Pope -- primary Civitas benefactor and director of Americans for Prosperity, ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 03/05/2010 - 10:05 - 2 comments
- Is North Carolina's renewable energy law in jeopardy?
... and Shell Oil, according to ALEC Exposed . The Pope connection The Heartland Institute also has connections in North Carolina -- primarily through Art Pope , CEO and chair of the Variety Wholesalers discount retail chain and ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 11/28/2012 - 13:40 - 5 comments
- Raleigh businessman, Art Pope ally a key backer of group spending on NC Supreme Court race (updated)
... and John Locke Foundation -- largely backed by GOP donor Art Pope 's family foundation. The president and CEO of Captive-Aire ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 10/16/2012 - 17:00 - 0 comments
- Are taxpayers helping support the Kochs' and Art Pope's attack ads?
... 15, two nonprofit groups backed by Republican uber-donor Art Pope unleashed $500,000 worth of "educational" ads on airwaves ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 04/03/2012 - 11:37 - 1 comment
- Art Pope think tank behind campaign to discredit and defund Medicaid
... was founded and is bankrolled by state budget director Art Pope sought funding for a campaign to portray the public health insurance ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 12/17/2013 - 14:51 - 2 comments
- Facing South director discusses region's changing demographics, politics on Democracy Now
... the critical role played by North Carolina businessman Art Pope , a close associate of the Koch brothers through his position as a ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 09/06/2012 - 11:45 - 0 comments
- Pickets at Art Pope stores reach small-town North Carolina
... by conservative donor and North Carolina budget director Art Pope entered their third week, expanding into towns and cities with a more ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 12/20/2013 - 15:48 - 0 comments