- INSTITUTE INDEX: Outside corporate interests spend big on NC high court race
... to strict spending limits: 80 Date on which Art Pope -- state budget director, Variety Wholesalers CEO, and leading financier ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 05/02/2014 - 14:55 - 0 comments
- 'The public has a right to know about Art Pope'
... at stores owned by North Carolina mega-donor Art Pope . Pope is the chairman and CEO of Variety Wholesalers , a retail chain ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 12/02/2013 - 14:07 - 6 comments
- Art Pope rides again
... time in over a century -- and Republican mega-donor Art Pope could claim at least some of the credit. As Facing South ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 11/21/2012 - 13:00 - 2 comments
- Facing South director discusses region's changing demographics, politics on Democracy Now
... the critical role played by North Carolina businessman Art Pope , a close associate of the Koch brothers through his position as a ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 09/06/2012 - 11:45 - 0 comments
- Pat McCrory dons tinfoil hat in bid for NC governor
... with leading North Carolina conservative benefactor Art Pope , who serves one of the group's national directors. Pope's family ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 06/12/2012 - 10:04 - 3 comments
- Investigative Series: How Pope Reigns
Although not well known, North Carolina millionaire Art Pope is one of the most influential benefactors of conservative causes and ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 01/14/2011 - 12:41 - 1 comment
- Art Pope back in glare of national spotlight
... We'll resume regular daily posting next week. Art Pope, North Carolina's Republican mega-donor, is back in the national media ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 05/15/2013 - 15:00 - 1 comment
- Why is GOP mega-donor Art Pope distancing himself from controversial big-money groups?
... with the state's leading conservative mega-donor, Art Pope, whose big-money politicking and unusual level of political influence ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 10/09/2013 - 12:20 - 1 comment
- Don Yelton not so out of step with GOP on NC voter ID law
... Republican mega-donor and state budget director Art Pope, which helped build public support for the elections bill. One of the ... than white voters to lack the ID needed to vote. Art Wilson, an at-large committee member for the Wake County Republican Party ...
FS Article - Brentin Mock - 10/25/2013 - 12:59 - 1 comment
- In media spotlight, Pope issues non-denial over role in ending NC clean elections
... South's recent report on conservative mega-donor Art Pope 's role in ending North Carolina's "clean elections" ... way to one person who rules the vote. And his name is Art Pope. Facing ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 06/16/2013 - 15:00 - 1 comment