- Is North Carolina's renewable energy law in jeopardy?
... and Shell Oil, according to ALEC Exposed . The Pope connection The Heartland Institute also has connections in North Carolina -- primarily through Art Pope , CEO and chair of the Variety Wholesalers discount retail chain and ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 11/28/2012 - 12:40 - 5 comments
- VIDEO: Why we launched Art Pope Exposed
With North Carolina political powerbroker Art Pope in the national spotlight , the Institute for Southern Studies is ... the Right: The John William Pope Foundation, which Art Pope chairs, supplies 90% of the income of the leading conservative ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 10/04/2011 - 19:45 - 1 comment
- North Carolina for Sale? New Yorker profile thrusts Art Pope into national spotlight
Art Pope is getting his national close-up: The New Yorker magazine has published ... concern with some of the activity and affiliations of Art Pope. That gave some folks a cause for concern. ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 10/03/2011 - 16:06 - 1 comment
- Art Pope translates dollars into influence at UNC
In 2011, the John William Pope Center for Higher Education Policy -- a nonprofit named after the father of Republican benefactor Art Pope , and predominantly funded by Pope's family foundation -- ... records for the John William Pope Foundation , which Art Pope leads, show more than two-dozen grants over the last 15 years to ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 09/18/2012 - 11:19 - 4 comments
- Raleigh businessman, Art Pope ally a key backer of group spending on NC Supreme Court race (updated)
... and John Locke Foundation -- largely backed by GOP donor Art Pope 's family foundation. The president and CEO of Captive-Aire ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 10/16/2012 - 16:00 - 0 comments
- POPE THE VOTE? Conservative NC benefactor steps up funding to nonprofits for ads during election season
... Fewer still could tell you about James "Art" Pope . But that could change after this year: While lacking big-time name ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 10/08/2010 - 09:00 - 2 comments
- Are taxpayers helping support the Kochs' and Art Pope's attack ads?
... 15, two nonprofit groups backed by Republican uber-donor Art Pope unleashed $500,000 worth of "educational" ads on airwaves ...
FS Article - Chris Kromm - 04/03/2012 - 10:37 - 1 comment
- Art Pope think tank behind campaign to discredit and defund Medicaid
... was founded and is bankrolled by state budget director Art Pope sought funding for a campaign to portray the public health insurance ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 12/17/2013 - 13:51 - 2 comments
- Facing South director discusses region's changing demographics, politics on Democracy Now
... the critical role played by North Carolina businessman Art Pope , a close associate of the Koch brothers through his position as a ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 09/06/2012 - 10:45 - 0 comments
- INSTITUTE INDEX: Outside corporate interests spend big on NC high court race
... to strict spending limits: 80 Date on which Art Pope -- state budget director, Variety Wholesalers CEO, and leading financier ...
FS Article - Sue Sturgis - 05/02/2014 - 13:55 - 0 comments